Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Fellow bloggers, please help me...
Per Manda Mack's kind comment on my previous post where I'm complaining about being in a wedding rut, I'm turning to you guys for help...
Let's start with my wedding theme: casual, elegant, intimate.
Guest count: 150 to 175
Venue: Art Museum at the lawn, so outdoor. Reception and Ceremony at the same place (see picture of the lawn on top, that's the venue)
1. Lanterns over the dance floor
2. String lights over the rest of the area
3. Circle ceremony inspired by picture above
4. Serving lemonade, ice tea, water for cocktail hours
What I can't figure out:
1. How do I bring in my Indonesian culture into this without being too much/ cheesy? Thinking of having an Indonesian dessert bar, next to my cake.
Have bought Indonesian puppet male and female, not sure where to put it (see image)
I bought this batik cloth (See image on top where the groom uses a black and white indonesian batik as this what do you call it - handkerchief on the pocket?). Should I create a bunting flags to put over the last row of chair behind ceremony? Or maybe put it behind my bride and groom chairs? Should i follow this and put it on the groom's handkerchief and on the bride's bouquet?
2. Very concerned about the whole feel of the wedding, the event design specifically. I only have talked to the forist for now. Should I be starting DIY projects too? AAHHH... See I'm like all over the place I dont know what to doo... help
Also want to direct you guys to SMP which just posted this wedding in Bali incorporating some of the indonesian culture...