Friday, April 22, 2011

Yifat Oren + Vera Wang event April 25th



Picture above of Spring 2012 Vera Wang

So I'm going to this Yifat Oren event at Vera Wang melrose store (Vera Wang won't be there)... on Monday, April 25th from 6pm to 8pm. I think the tickets are not being sold anymore, it was selling at Gilt City.

Anyone going??? Yifat Oren is a famous wedding planner who planned for Renee Witherspoon's recent wedding as well as Kevin Costner and etc etc. We'll see how much I get out of this event. my main question will be: in a wedding what to spend less on and what to splurge?

Do you have any advise for me?

So far, I'm splurging on venue/food, dress (which really does not count because my parents are covering most of my dress and shoe because I'll use it again in Indonesia), make up artist, bridesmaid dresses cost.

Planning to save on wedding cake (will likely cost me $600 for 150 people), invitation & stationery (we'll see how this goes gah...), having a DJ instead of band, having our reception and ceremony in the same place, most likely not have any photobooth.

What have worked for you guys?

1 comment:

  1. That dress is soOo dreamy! I wish Vera was in my budget but because I am wearing more than just my bridal gown, it was not in the budget. I did still find a beautiful gown by Pronovias for $253 at Filene's Basement Running of the Bride. I think I just got lucky.

    As for me, I splurged on food and open bar (our crowd enjoys drinking)Photography was also a splurge for us too. Another splurge was hair and make up for myself, my sister, my mom and my bridal party. I was lucky that I found some local talent when their prices were still low so everything still came in under budget. I took advantage of Weddingwire's vendor find tool and got discounts on great vendors who were willing to work within my budget. The Knot local board was also my #2 resource.

    ReplyDelete