Thursday, February 10, 2011

50 dresses tried, none I loved




I've been looking for a dress since about three weeks after I got engaged. I've been every where in LA that fits my champagne taste (on a beer budget). My first two stops were in NY when I was visiting my bridesmaids. Vera Wang: it was prety good, I had a couple I liked, Farrah, Diana, Eliza. Then next to Mark Ingram, unfortunately nothing that blew my mind away.

Back to LA, and I've revisited Vera, went to Monique Lhuillier, Impressions bridal in Sawtelle, Saks Fifth, Winnie Couture, Panache, Mon Amie, back to Vera and Monique, Lili's bridal in Tarzana. Along the way , I have a couple like and the falling out of love (Vera Wang Farrah).

Now I'm almost in that limit of pushing the timeline on picking a dress and I don't have anything I really love... there are a couple strong contender..

I'm going to check out the White by Vera Wang line at David's bridal this weekend, will revisit Saks Fifth ave and then my last resort is the Vera Wang trunk show at Melrose on February 24th. The Hillary Duff vera wang wedding dress looks pretty awesome with a price tag of $6,500 ( my fiance thinks I'm crazy and will probably cut down my budget on other things if I pull the trigger on this one ).

1st pic: Ethel , strong contender
2nd pic: Fall 2011 Vera Wang, similar to Hillary Duff's dress
3rd pic: Farrah, the dress I fell out of love with

1 comment:

  1. How awesome you can even consider a dress this expensive. They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete