- 1 lb tempe, cut small like matchsticks
- 0.33 lbs dried salted fish
- 0.45 lbs peanuts
- 2 red chilli, take out seeds, sliced and sauteed in oil for a little bit
- 1 tbs tamarind water (which I skipped)
- 1 tbs sugar
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis/ sweet soy sauce
Ingredients for spices that you should put in a food chopper so all the spices turn smooth.
- 6 shallots
- 3 garlic
- 5 red chilli
- 1 inch galangal (which I replaced with giner)
- 1 ts salt
Cara membuat sambel goreng tempe:
- Fry the tempeh, salted fish and peanuts separately. On the tempeh, you wan to deep fry it until it turns slightly brown.
- Leave only 3 tbs of frying oil, sauteed the spices above with tamarind water and sugar.
- Put in tempeh, salted fish and peanuts and mix all the ingridients. Add the sliced red chilli and sweet soy sauce.
This is not exactly the healthiest recipe. but oh so good! We used to have this at least once a week in Indonesia.